Keyshot and cloud integration

Started by Laurence, February 07, 2016, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurence

Good afternoon/evening

Glad to be new "key shotter" in France. Training obtained from CADlink.

I'm using Keyshot 6 on a 64 bit windows 10 box. Got 6.1.65 patch today.

Default browser is Chrome. Observed the same symptoms with Edge (aka Internet Explorer).

Accessing the cloud with browser and http://cloud.keyshot.com  works (almost) like a charm : I can browse libraries, like, and comment.
However, downloading tries some kind of interaction with keyshot_cloud_handler and ... nothing happens.

Now from inside Keyshot, clicking on "Cloud library" simply launches an *external* browser, not a small, integrated "Keyshot cloud authentication" window.

From Edit > Preferences > General, the "cloud library" status is "disconnected".

Obviously, Keyshot+cloud "seamless" integration is currently not as seamless as I could expect :-)

What am I doing wrong here ?
Thanks for your precious help
Laurence

Nismo400R

I am having the same issue. when i click cloud library, it opens in firefox. i can login and browse. but under preferences within keyshot it says i am not logged in.
So i can view but not download.

Laurence

Actually, posting in the forum got (temporarily) Keyshot scared : on the next day, after a reboot, integration worked flawlessly. Clicking on "Cloud library" indeed opened a sub windows *inside Keyshot* with authentication, then browsing into the bunch of material, textures and such.

Retrying later brought me back to the symptoms described earlier : clicking on "Cloud library" brings a brand new Edge/Internet Explorer, without Keyshot integration. Trying to download brings the infamous "keyshot_cloud_handler" special message. I'll try to post an image, even if my description is pretty clear I think.

Robb63

I am able to access "Keyshot Cloud", but it's not inside Keyshot anymore like it used to be? Now it fires up in Chrome (my default browser), and asks me to log in each time.

Niko Planke

Hello Robb,

This has been changed for KeyShot 6. The cloud will open in you Selected default browser.
One of the reasons is to ensure compatibility for future versions of the Cloud Library and KeyShot.

the issue you are experiencing with the KeyShot cloud handler points towards the Handler not being registered correctly, try to rerun the installer and make sure you have sufficient permissions.

mcramblet

Sometimes Keyshot and this forum drive me crazy. Two people have posted the same thing that I'm experiencing, the cloud library not downloading. No Keyshot forum moderators ever responded to the issue. What's the point of a forum like this if it's not monitored and help isn't given? I belong to several "company sponsored" forums and the Keyshot forum is the only one that is practically useless. Autodesk, Rhino, and others actually have people that monitor the forums and provide help via them. You can search their forums and find answers, unlike this one. Just trying out the demo version of Thea Render and posting a few questions on their forum, returns answers from users and moderators, and I'm not even a customer (yet). Sorry for the rant, but every time I come to this forum to look up issues and find answers, I'm always disappointed. This time around, I needed to vent. Not that anyone from Keyshot will actually see it, though.

Chad Holton

Hi mcramblet,

Niko responded (and works for Luxion).

What issue are you having exactly?

Chad

mcramblet

Quote from: Nismo400R on February 09, 2016, 09:17:46 AM
I am having the same issue. when i click cloud library, it opens in firefox. i can login and browse. but under preferences within keyshot it says i am not logged in.
So i can view but not download.

I was having this exact same problem. Keyshot pens Firefox, I log in, can browse, but when I try to download a new version of Keyshot opens and nothing else happens. No files download or show up in the appropriate folder. Keyshot preferences tell me I'm "Not logged in" to the cloud library. After much trial and error, I tried changing my default browser from Firefox to Chrome. When I did this and tried to download from the Cloud Library, for the first time a notification popped up from Chrome asking for a file association for the keyshot_cloud_handler.exe. This never happened with Firefox and I couldn't find anything in the manual that indicated that this was supposed to happen in order to work with the cloud library. I was finally able to get the cloud library to work, for the first time since it was introduced.

guest84672

What version of KeyShot are you running?

mcramblet

Chad Holton

Quote from: mcramblet on July 20, 2016, 07:13:26 AM
I was finally able to get the cloud library to work, for the first time since it was introduced.

Great! So you're good to go now with the Cloud?

dozogovi

I have this same exact problem how did you fix it?

dozogovi

Ok I figured it out Keyshot hates firefox and loves Chrome.

Niko Planke

Hey,

Just to add to this for other having problems with the cloud.

Firefox users:
It is not that Firefox hates KeyShot :-)
Sometimes its just using the wrong(or none at all) application to open the KeyShot Cloud  Links.
If Chrome/Edge/Opera/safari work but Firefox not, you can try to enter about:preferences#applications in the address bar in Firefox.
You should see a list of all Content-types registered in Firefox.

Search for KeyShotCloud and make sure it uses the Cloud handler application.
By default it is located at:
"\Program Files\KeyShot6\bin\keyshot_cloud_handler.exe"
Or on Mac:
"/Applications/KeyshotCloudHandler.app

You will need to try to download from the cloud at least once for the entry to be available.

After ensuring that is set correctly, you should be able to download from the cloud.

An other thing to try is to empty the browser cache and/or reinstall KeyShot.

If none of these work, contacting us at Support@luxion.com is the fastest solution.