Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts

Started by monson67, September 23, 2016, 07:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monson67

My workflows in programs like Photoshop and Sketchup are really efficient due to the ability to customize command- and tool- keyboard shortcuts to the way that makes sense for my workflow.

Being able to match similar commands across programs makes it easier to remember shortcuts as well. For instance, in Photoshop, "Save As" is set as Command + Shift + S. Therefore I would make that the same command for "Save As" in KeyShot — not Command + Alt + S, as it currently is.

We all do things a little differently, and so tailoring how KeyShot works for us on an individual level could really improve the workflow for everybody.

Rex

Thanks for your suggestion, we are working on adding customizable hotkeys and UI for KeyShot 7.

monson67

Quote from: Rex on September 23, 2016, 04:30:20 PM
Thanks for your suggestion, we are working on adding customizable hotkeys and UI for KeyShot 7.

Awesome! Thanks guys!

Would the customizable UI happen to include something like this: https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=13154.0? I would absolutely love this!

Rex

Yes, we are working on "tear-off" tabs and the ability to save window configurations as "workspaces" similar to Adobe products.

monson67

Metin Seven

Great that Keyshot 7 will have customizable keyboard shortcuts. I really hope that will include customizable view navigation controls, so ZBrush users can mimic the view navigation controls of ZBrush (or other 3D editors), for a much more seamless workflow.