Main Menu

Improving Scene Sets

Started by jeffw, September 29, 2016, 08:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffw

I would like to expand on my comments on scenes sets in the "more for my wish list" thread.

One problem I have with scene sets is the way it deals with deleted and imported parts.

Let me describe the SolidEdge equivalent to scene sets called "alternate assemblies". Let's say you have an assembly with 100 parts. You can make any number of alternate assemblies from the first one and give each a name. As in scene sets when an alternate is made you can delete parts. In both Keyshot and SolidEdge your parts disappear from the parts tree. However in SolidEdge you have access to another tab where it lists the deleted parts for just that alternate. If you decide you need that part back you just toggle it back on and it appears back in your model and parts tree. In Keyshot I do not see any way to get your part back in your scene set.

Another function available in the SolidEdge alternate is the ability to check whether you want an imported part to be applied to just the current alternate or to all you have made. Again in Keyshot I do not see a way to add parts to all scene sets.

guest84672

Thanks for the example. As we have mentioned in other threads scene sets will be completely overhauled for KeyShot 7.