Missing Selection Outlines...

Started by jarane, October 09, 2015, 04:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarane

Hi everyone,
Somehow the selection outlines in my projects don't show.
On the menu, they are checked to do so, but they just don't.

I tried quitting and rebooting but no help.
Working in OS 10.10.5

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
E.C.

TpwUK

I have had the same problem but only with NURBs objects - Are you using NURBs ?

Martin

soren

NURBS objects do not produce selection outlines.

Søren

TpwUK

That explains things here then, thank you Søren :)

Martin

jarane

Thanks guys,
Is there any way to "force" them to show outlines?

Thanks again,
E.C.

TpwUK

Quote from: jarane on October 09, 2015, 08:48:30 AM
Thanks guys,
Is there any way to "force" them to show outlines?

Thanks again,
E.C.

Probably not E.C. - The nature of NURBs surfaces construction and possible naked edges would most likely be too much for the NURBs translation (that's only  guess though)

Martin

soren

Not at the moment no. We are working on some solutions but I cannot promise anything concrete.

Søren

mikeperez

Really sorry for resurrecting this year-old thread, but I just upgraded to Keyshot 6, and I'm having this same problem.

I really don't know what NURBS objects are, but I am rendering the same models I used in Keyshot 5, which showed selection outlines every time. Keyshot 6 does not, even though I have checked "show selection outlines" and rebooted several times. I get a lot of models from our Chinese engineers, and they usually name the parts in project numbers and other gobbledygook that we don't use in our US office. So it's not always immediately apparent which part I want to select. And since many of the parts are hidden inside other parts, I can't just click on it. I've worked the past week without selection outlines, but it would really speed up my workflow if I could instantly identify what is being selected.

If anyone has any clue as to why or how to reactivate them, I'd be super grateful.

Thanks.

Working in Mac OSX 10.11.6

bdesign

Hey Mike-

Under Edit>Preferences>Advanced, do you have "Graphics effects" enabled? If not, try that. Should work.

Eric

LayC42

Didn't the geometry view (window) use outlines on selected parts in Poly or NURBS mode?