Main Menu

photoshop layer order

Started by andy.engelkemier, October 04, 2016, 08:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.engelkemier

I'd love to either be able to choose the additional layers to hidden, or switch the order so the main render is on top.
When I render with a clown pass and have that added to the PSD, the clown pass is on top, so when you preview the file, it only shows the clown pass.

While that's fine, it would be preferred to preview the render pass. There are a couple ways to accomplish that. But it would probably be best to be an option, in case the current way is needed for someone's current compositing method.
But for me, I definitely want the render pass up top or to have the extra passes defaulted as hidden.

Low priority, but would be nice if it's super easy.

richardfunnell

That's pretty interesting, I follow a similar workflow. I always set my Clown Pass on top (usually set to invisible), my RGB/beauty layer goes to the bottom, then all the render layers go in between.

Not sure if there's a thorough logic today, but having them match the render layer dialog would make sense!

andy.engelkemier

I do the same thing. I just thought changing the order would be easier in terms of however it's being compiled.
Although, the advantage to having it on the bottom is that if you just Alt+Click on it's visibility then it isolates it, allowing you to make your selection. Alt+click again, and you're back where you were.
If it's on top, you keep having to move it up every time you add layers.

That being said, I still usually keep mine up top.