Main Menu

Diamond Ring +

Started by Chad Holton, January 12, 2011, 06:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad Holton

Something I slapped together today during my lunch break. It was too sucky of a day to go out... I'm very ready for spring.

Diamond courtesy of Jeff M.

Speedster

Neat!  I agree, I'm sick of rain (Southern California) and really ready for summer!  Question- where can we get cut stone models?  Or the specs to create them with correct facets?  I'm really intrigued and would like to play with diamonds and other stones.  My wife would agree, I'm sure!
Bill G

Chad Holton

Hi Bill,

I live in northern Kentucky and we have already met our snow fall average for the season, and this season has barely begun. Our average is about 22" - I'm sure the guys up north are snickering right now.

I created a handful from searching for "diamond cuts" and just tracing those from the picture that had a front and side view. I've looked at different references and I know my wife has walked by while doing this, her birthday is this weekend and she probably thinks she getting something diamond related - I hope she likes digital ones! :D

Ed

Here's a diamond I use for my ring models.  OBJ format & 3DM format versions.

Ed

justindustrial

I know this thread is a bit old but I just stumbled across some free diamond models in a few configurations, get 'em here: http://www.3dlapidary.com/

feher

Thanks for the link !
Cholton the rings look very nice indeed.
Tim

PhilippeV8

Can I order a 3D print ? :p