Realistic Ocean shader

Started by Livingstone, October 23, 2016, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livingstone

Hi Guys,
I am trying to create a good shader for ocean ad here the result . I think it is good for static renderings but not sure for animation.
I will do some test .

NM-92

Hello livingstone. Recently i did the same experiment and here are my results. I used the ocean modifier in Blender to get the geometry and then used a photograph to achieve the texturing.

Livingstone

Wow NM , that is really good!
Did you tested your material in animation?
I am trying to do the sea with material and texturing because I don't use so much realflow and I don't know how Keyshot can translate the foam .
The material  I used is a simple dark blue shiny plastic with 1 png label for the foam and another label plastic matte white masked  by curvature texture ( opacity) for the crest of the small waves .
In the animation the label based on curvature will follow the animated waves because the curvature change but the foam is a simple png mapped on top so the foam cannot expand or move or change or dissolve as supposed to be in a realistic ocean.

NM-92

I'm a total noob in animation. I only make still renders so i don't know how to achieve what you are after, sorry. My case would totally not work because i used a photograph to generate both the sea colour and the foam, so your material would work best than mine  :-\

Finema