Main Menu

Ace of Spades

Started by Livingstone, October 20, 2016, 11:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livingstone

Hi Guys,
As I said in my previous post (Rubber Jelly ) I tryed the 3DSMAX Path Deform and Path Deform WSM modifier animation translation in Keyshot.
I decided to do a video in TV series titles style .
There are some animation mistakes,  I know .
I hope you like .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05cHf0thLRg

bdesign

This is awesome! Great effect, mood, and lighting. Well done!

Eric

Livingstone

Esben Oxholm

TpwUK

Well stone me that's smashing :) Super job

Martin

Arian Shamil

Wow! Lovely works! I love this animation! :)
And I'm curios about "Ace of Spades" :)

Livingstone

Thank you Arian!
Ace of Spades is inspired by Black Sails titles created by Imaginary Force Studio . In the beginning I planned to do other sequences also with a girl grabbed by a skeleton of an angel and with some architectonic element inspired to the Bernini works , this is because there are some metal feathers in the background, but rendering time was crazy. It take me one month for the one I posted considering the main character I had already from a my old project.
Now I am thinking to Ace of Hearts , but rendering time will be a big obstacle.

Will Gibbons

Great work! The execution and concept is what's key here, even if you see some areas  you can improve the technical aspects of the animation. Especially as animations take a long time to render. My only criticism (take with grain of salt) is the font/typeface you used for 'ace of spades', as I see it everywhere and due to its heavy style, it tends to date the pieces it's used in.

That said, I really look forward to seeing more. Great job with this. Sounds like you've got some great ideas.

Livingstone

Hi Will,
Thank you very much! Yes you are right I must admit I did the Ace of Spades logo quickly because I want to finish it as soon as possible.
The font is not really good and because the idea was to do it same as trailer of a TV series , compared with other tv series the logo is not simple and impressive or integrated in the video as can be the one of Westworld, Luke Cage or Magic in North America.
I will think a better way to integrate it with a simpler font and a more iconic logo.