KeyShot crashes when using "Material Templates" -> "Add Item"

Started by Tom Junker, October 27, 2016, 04:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Junker

Hey,

we just got our KeyShot and i was playing around with some stuff and got an nasty bug already. I would like to use the material template system since i usually assign most materials in CREO to my models/parts. However, every time i try "Add Item" the program freezes and shuts down.

I checked https://www.designassist.info/cadsoftwaredirect/Knowledgebase/Article/View/75/0/keyshot-crashing and removed read only. Since all PCs are administrated by our helpdesk, i can't do much, but changed enable_gpu from true to false, but didn't either. Also, Experimental Features are disabled.

Anything i could try before i ask our helpdesk to download and install Visual C++ and .NET?

Chad Holton

Hi Tom,

I know you mentioned that you just got KeyShot but can you confirm the version you're using (e.g. 5.1.234)?  You can find this under Help>About.

You can probably enable your GPU again, as this would cause a crash at startup most likely. As for the issue, I tried to recreate with a Creo file but wasn't able to.  See if it happens on one of the stock scenes that come with KeyShot and let us know what you find out.

Chad

Tom Junker

Hi Chad,

sorry for not mentioning it. It is 6.2.105

Cheers, Tom

Will Gibbons

I just gave it a go and didn't have any issues with crashing. I was able to add, create, delete and use material templates.

Rex

I am able to cause a crash by deleting the default entry. Perhaps that is related. I will pass along to development.

Thanks

Tom Junker

Quote from: Rex on October 27, 2016, 09:33:08 AM
I am able to cause a crash by deleting the default entry. Perhaps that is related. I will pass along to development.

Thanks

Hey Rex,

thanks for the reply. Now i see the problem. I was trying to add an item into an non existing template. When i add a template and then the item, it is working. Tho, still a bug isn't it?

Cheers, Tom