Scene part/material search function does not work properly

Started by Towel, November 01, 2016, 02:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towel

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with keyshot 6.2 which i did not had in the previous versions.

So I have a massive assembly imported and when I want to assign materials to the parts I usually search for particle parts. For example, if i search for 64:64:64 it should select all the parts with this collor in my assembly (offcourse with materials ticked on). However, this method does not seem to work anymore. Now, I need to select all those parts once and after that they can be found. In the previous keyshot version I could just search for particular properties and apply a material all at once. This not working anymore is causing me a lot of time since i have to select each part one by one.

Anyone a solution?

Thanks

guest84672

I just checked and this seems to work fine. Make sure you have "all" selected as you your filter option.

Towel

I have imported my assembly as an .iges file. Now all my parts in the scene part list are listed on the same level, so i have no hierarchy/assemblies. But now the search functionality works.

So what I can conclude is, Keyshot has trouble searching in hierarchy/assemblies for your search creteria.   

guest84672

I tested this as well and it works fine even with complex and multi-level assemblies.

LayC42

I know this effect, too. Not at any time, but sometimes. What can help is to clear the previous used search string with the x button in the search bar. And then write/copy the search string.
You can test an additional option. Use the left filter (top of the scene tree) show parts only and then the filter left of the search bar and uncheck the material name option.

Hope that this helped a bit.

Towel

Well, that does not work either.

As said before, it works like a charm when I import the model as a step or iges file. Once I import a Solidworks file it wil not select all the materials according my search string, only the one which I have manually selected before.

guest84672

Can you provide a concrete example where it doesn't work?

Towel

Update,

I just noticed, if I import my assembly as a .step file instead of .iges, the parts hierarchy remains intact and I am able to use the search functionality.
For now this helps me further. Up to keyshot to have this fixed in future updates.

Thanks all for the input.

Towel

I was cheering too quick, still does not work as it should.

grantmiller

I regularly work with large assemblies that are imported Catia CATProduct or 3DXML files and in 6.3 the Scene search bar does not work properly no matter what filter(s) I have checked. Very frustrating...

guest84672

Can you be more specific? What doesn't work? Can you provide an example?

grantmiller

Here's an example: there is a part with "CNX" in the name, if I type CNX in the search field it doesn't find it or select it or anything... doesn't matter if I select "All" in the show menu or if I check part names.

guest84672

Can you share the file so we can try to find the issue? I just ran various tests, and the search function works as expected. You can send via keyshot.wetransfer.com.