Main Menu

Lounge Chair

Started by Artvps, November 01, 2016, 05:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artvps

two renders of a Lounge Chair, downloaded from http://dimensiva.com/

Despot

Unfortunately, there's really noticeable tiling issues on the leather material - otherwise nice attempt.

Artvps

Quote from: Despot on November 02, 2016, 01:05:41 AM
Unfortunately, there's really noticeable tiling issues on the leather material - otherwise nice attempt.
Hi Despot,
thanks for having a look and for your comments, they are greatly appreciated. I used the texture that came with the model but, I will have a look for something better to replace it with and post the results in this thread.  If you get a moment maybe you can have another look and let me know what you think.

Artvps

Quote from: Artvps on November 02, 2016, 04:47:46 AM
Quote from: Despot on November 02, 2016, 01:05:41 AM
Hi Despot,
thanks for having a look and for your comments, they are greatly appreciated. I used the texture that came with the model but, I will have a look for something better to replace it with and post the results in this thread.  If you get a moment maybe you can have another look and let me know what you think.

Hi again Despot,
I just had another look at the model in keyshot and noticed that the mapping was set at "BOX" I have now changed this to UV and that seems to be sorting out the tiling issue. I am just doing a quick render now to see how it looks.

Artvps

made a couple of changes, but not sure if it has improved any.

Artur

Nice rendering.

Are you willing to share the .KSP file for further exploration?
Thanks in advance.

Artvps

Quote from: Artur on November 02, 2016, 06:39:50 AM
Nice rendering.

Are you willing to share the .KSP file for further exploration?
Thanks in advance.
Thanks Artur
Just let me get this one to a finished state first and I will be happy to share it. I am still new to keyshot...and very green  :)

Despot

Quotemade a couple of changes, but not sure if it has improved any.

It sure has :) the close-up looks nice actually, now try pushing the lighting ;)

Will Gibbons

I think some directional light would compliment it well.

Artvps

It sure has :) the close-up looks nice actually, now try pushing the lighting ;)
[/quote]
Thanks for having another look, Despot.
I have now added some lights to the scene.

Artvps

Quote from: Will Gibbons on November 02, 2016, 12:43:40 PM
I think some directional light would compliment it well.
Hi Will, many thanks for having a look and your suggestion, which I have now done.

Artvps

Added two lights to the scene and changed the material of the legs.

NM-92

Hey Artvps, great changes ! That light really helps, but i think the leather material is a bit too shiny perhaps ? I can be wrong though. Cheers !

Artvps

Quote from: NM-92 on November 03, 2016, 05:15:12 AM
Hey Artvps, great changes ! That light really helps, but i think the leather material is a bit too shiny perhaps ? I can be wrong though. Cheers !

Hi NM-92,
Thanks for having a look and for your comments and suggestions. I think you are correct on what you say, not sure if it is the material being too shiny, or the lighting being too hard...I will soften the lighting as a first step to see if that makes the difference before adjusting the material.

Artvps

updated with one additional light (more overhead) and softened the other two lights.