Glass material and content of the boottle!!!

Started by Nibelunga, November 05, 2016, 07:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nibelunga

Hi there!

I'm trying to render a simple glass bottle with a liquid (color) inside. I assign separate layers to each part (glass and color) but actually the render comes together. The color part is an empty image.
I tried rendering all image types (jpg, psd, tif). Alas!

I need different layers in order to be able to change color type under glass material in Photoshop.

Would be grateful for your ideas to resolve the issue.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Nibelunga on November 05, 2016, 07:58:31 AM
Hi there!

I'm trying to render a simple glass bottle with a liquid (color) inside. I assign separate layers to each part (glass and color) but actually the render comes together. The color part is an empty image.
I tried rendering all image types (jpg, psd, tif). Alas!

I need different layers in order to be able to change color type under glass material in Photoshop.

Would be grateful for your ideas to resolve the issue.

Your question is quite confusing. Do you have images you can provide or your .ksp file in which we can look at?

Speedster

Not sure I understand the question, but one thing that's critical is that there is a very tiny "gap" between the solids.  Otherwise they will sort of merge in KeyShot.  That is, the bottle should be one solid, and the liquid inside should be another solid, not merged, with a very small "air gap" between them.  If your model is already set up this way, but the surfaces are in contact, you can rescale one of the bodies just a tiny bit to provide that air gap.

Bill G