I'm just starting to play with the video textures

Started by jboyd-ddc, May 30, 2017, 05:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jboyd-ddc

I was able to manage this attached AVI in about 10 minutes, which is a GIGANTIC improvement over doing the same thing in KS6 (it required scripting and all kinds of gymnastics). Well done.

One thing I can suggest (if not done already) is the ability to browse a video file and specify the extraction of frames from  a start to and end point.

soren

Thank you.

You should be able to select a movie-file and extract the frame and it 'should just work'. The supported formats are at the moment avi,  mp4, mpeg, flv, webm, dv, f4v, mov, mlv, m4v, hevc, ogg,  ogv, but please note that some formats may have variants which are not supported (for example avi can include all kinds of encodings some of which may not be directly supported).

Søren

jboyd-ddc

I ask because when I selected a 9-minute long video (expecting to select a start and end point) KeyShot started to extract each frame (some 16,000 of them) into a folder. I only wanted the first four seconds (151 frames) so I just stopped the import and used the frames already saved, but I wasn't sure how to specify, for example, "take only ten seconds starting from 5:37".

J. Boyd

soren

Ah yes, I misunderstood. I can see that would be useful. We will look into it.

Søren

Josh3D

That looks great Jeff! Well done. Thanks for posting such a great example. I like your idea on the frame selection prior to import. Makes me think of the trim and import in the Videorama iPhone app, which I think is a good example.

jlee20

Yeah, I'm adding my vote to the select frames to import. It would be super useful.

But overall, this is great functionality to have!