Storytelling made in VR and presented with Keyshot (also toon shader example)

Started by mikedee, November 10, 2016, 11:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikedee

Hey Keyshoters!

It's been a while ;-)
This time, it is not going to be a car, drone or product design as you would probably expect from me, but something quite different.

Since this summer, I am experimenting with HTC Vive and TiltBrush application - it is basically sketching in VR, where you can export your sketch as FBX file. As it is really amazing to immerse into the scene in VR, as really challenging it is to convey this experience to non-VR audience. So please check out my attempt to do so bellow. All images are rendered with Keyshot and edited/composed with Photoshop.
To find full project, click here: https://www.behance.net/mikedee

Little video how the file looks in Tiltbrush in VR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5xM3kl4VGo

So what you think?

TpwUK

Best use of the toon shader I have seen to date! ... Respect

Martin

Tetsuoo

Very stylized mork, cool !
About Tiltbrush, I had the chance to try it on a HTC Vive VR headset (it was an awesome experience), it's a drawing program... how does it fit into a drawing program ? I don't understand

Hossein Alfideh

Respect!
these look fantastic! looking forward to see more of this kind of work! Well done !  :)

NM-92

Speedster

Absolutely stunning and humbling!  There is such a strong feeling that harkens to Lao Tse, stated in such an elegant and quiet manner.  You are to be commended, my friend!  I want your book that this work will doubtless inspire...
Bill G

LayC42

Arian Shamil

this is a stunning work!
Love it!
You should do more :)
Again, GREAT WORK

Josh3D

Will Gibbons

This is super-cool! I'm going to bookmark this and revisit when I have some time. Love those stills.

mikedee

Thanks everyone here for your kind words! If you don't mind, I will keep posting some more episodes from the series. I would love to keep hearing from you!

Speedster: Actually, it seems that this little etude may grow up bit more than I've planned ;-)

To go on, here is little impudent tribute to Moebius. Also, an attempt to play with limited color palette.

Arian Shamil

Can't wait to see some other news from your works!
The best toon keyshot project!
:)