Skatter

Started by PhilippeV8, October 18, 2016, 04:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilippeV8

Don't mean to advertise for this or that ... but since I've gone from using Inventor to mostly SketchUp troughout the past few years (which gives me more flexibility for what I have to do) .. I came across this Skatter software.

https://www.skatterforsketchup.com/

It looks awesome to dress up the outdoor scenes.  Anyone has used it, or knows if it can be used to render out scenes in KeyShot ?

any feedback apreciated :)
thnx

HaroldL

Apparently to render Skatter derived scenes in Sketchup with Keyshot a simple setting is needed inside Skatter.

PhilippeV8

So I take it that this "render only" option is something that makes Skatter not show it's objects as actual 3D ... only adds them in right before render process starts but never shows them in the SU working area ... no ?  For the obvious reason of not over loading memory and computational power?

philw

I've just discovered Skatter and its got great possibilities for natural looking vegetation...but it does grind to a halt (obviously!) when generating all the repeated polygons from plants and leaves etc when using the non-render-only mode so I can use keyshot. The supported render engines proxy the 3d models into the chain at render time. It would be lovely if the Keyshot-Sketchup Plugin could do the same :-)

A floating hedge attached as an example of a quickly rendered (but slowly generated in Sketchup) image...