Is it possible to remove a label from a material ?

Started by luciel, December 22, 2016, 12:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luciel

Hello,

I have a question concerning labels and materials. Is there a way to remove or "unattach" a label from a material ? I'm creating a ksp file, and some labels that I've applied on a material, in another project,  are being added to the ksp file. In the current file that I'm trying to package, I'm using this same material, but there are no labels applied anywhere.  I would like to create the ksp file without the labels being packaged in the file.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Esben Oxholm

Hi luciel.

Sounds a bit weird.
Have you checked that there are no labels (even unchecked) in the label list for the materials in question?

Best,

luciel

Hi Esben,

What I've been doing is clicking on each part in the scene that has this material, and then checking in the Project window under "Material Types > Labels" to see if there are labels attached. Some parts in the scene on which the material is applied have a label in the list, others don't. So to try and "remove" the label from the material, I've been clicking on each part of the scene that has this material and checking to see if there are labels in the list and removing them. What I would like to do is to "globally" remove the "attached" labels from the material. Is there a way to do this by selecting the material in the Materials in the Library window perhaps ?

Thanks / Lucie

luciel

I've found a way of doing this, by clicking each instance of the material in the Materials tab in the Project window. Some instances of the material had labels, other instances didn't. I presume the better way would probably be to link each instance of the material and do this procedure only once.

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: luciel on December 22, 2016, 01:24:09 PM
I've found a way of doing this, by clicking each instance of the material in the Materials tab in the Project window. Some instances of the material had labels, other instances didn't. I presume the better way would probably be to link each instance of the material and do this procedure only once.
Yeah, I would say so to. Link all the instances of the material through the scene material tab and then remove the label.

luciel