KeyShotVR and JavaScript

Started by tobi, December 29, 2016, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tobi

Hi,
we are using the KeyShotVR plugin for our 360° product views. Is it possible to control the rotation via JavaScript? We want to auto-rotate the object programmatically, without any user interaction. If the user wants to manually rotate the object, it should be still possible. In other words: Is there a non-interactive mode for the KeyShotVR visuals?

Will Gibbons

Quote from: tobi on December 29, 2016, 04:56:14 AM
Hi,
we are using the KeyShotVR plugin for our 360° product views. Is it possible to control the rotation via JavaScript? We want to auto-rotate the object programmatically, without any user interaction. If the user wants to manually rotate the object, it should be still possible. In other words: Is there a non-interactive mode for the KeyShotVR visuals?

Hi tobi, not that I'm aware of. You could always just render out an animation and then embed it on your site and depending on the player you use, it can be set to automatically play when the page loads. If you need an image... then how about an animated gif? There are many free softwares out there that help you create animate gifs from image sequences. If you render out your frames using KeyShot VR, you can use the images to create an animated gif, which will play and can be embedded anywhere.

cadjockey

I've asked for this too but no signs :(
I wanted buttons to rotate to front/rear etc. You'd think it would be easy to add in and would be so useful!
Animated gifs etc are not an answer !

Luxion, please!!

Rich

tobi

Quote from: Will Gibbons on December 29, 2016, 06:33:24 AM
Quote from: tobi on December 29, 2016, 04:56:14 AM
Hi,

Hi tobi, not that I'm aware of. You could always just render out an animation and then embed it on your site and depending on the player you use, it can be set to automatically play when the page loads. If you need an image... then how about an animated gif? There are many free softwares out there that help you create animate gifs from image sequences. If you render out your frames using KeyShot VR, you can use the images to create an animated gif, which will play and can be embedded anywhere.

Hi Will,
thank you for your reply! An animated gif is no option for us, we need auto-rotation and the interactive mode on the same picture-set.
Luckily we found a solution: We render out the pictures with KeyShotVR and then using the jQuery Reel plugin (http://reel360.org/reel) for the animation/user interaction. With this Javascript library we are able to switch seamlessly between auto-rotation and interactive mode. It's easy to use, highly configurable and free (MIT license).