Opportunities to render a water flow

Started by bentiger, January 02, 2017, 05:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bentiger

Hi,
I am currently looking for opportunities to create an animation of a water flow in a pipe system. My question is - is there software to create my water flow animation and then render it with Keyshot?
I guess Blender is a good choice here, but i have no experience with Blender. Is it possible to export animations from Blender to render them in Keyshot?
It would be awesome to also integrate mechanical mechanisms in my animation. Is Blender able to read mechanism outputs from Creo Parametrics?

Thanks for your help!

NM-92

I think Real Flow is the one you are looking for: http://www.realflow.com/ . Blender can handle it too i think.

TpwUK

Quote from: bentiger on January 02, 2017, 05:51:14 AM
Hi,
I am currently looking for opportunities to create an animation of a water flow in a pipe system. My question is - is there software to create my water flow animation and then render it with Keyshot?
I guess Blender is a good choice here, but i have no experience with Blender. Is it possible to export animations from Blender to render them in Keyshot?
It would be awesome to also integrate mechanical mechanisms in my animation. Is Blender able to read mechanism outputs from Creo Parametrics?

Thanks for your help!

Blender can do the Fluid simulation and export it out as Alembic (*.abc) which can then be rendered using the script by DriesV for animated deformation meshes.

As far as I am aware there is no mechanism import from Creo, however there is rigging/collisions/transformation tools still within Blender

Martin

bentiger

RealFlow is looking amazing and i guess it is easier to learn than Blender and enough for my purpose. What is the export format of RealFlow to use it in Keyshot? And can i import *.fra from Creo or other formats to use my mechanisms from Creo?

And as it costs 1000€ and i am a poor student - is the trial version good enough for my needs and does it allow the above mentioned imports and exports?

Will Gibbons

Quote from: bentiger on January 02, 2017, 12:59:31 PM
RealFlow is looking amazing and i guess it is easier to learn than Blender and enough for my purpose. What is the export format of RealFlow to use it in Keyshot? And can i import *.fra from Creo or other formats to use my mechanisms from Creo?

And as it costs 1000€ and i am a poor student - is the trial version good enough for my needs and does it allow the above mentioned imports and exports?

If cost is an issue, it may be hard to find anything better than blender for the price.

Hawks89

Is there any update on this. I am in need of the same thing. I created a fluid simulation in blender and exported as alembic file and used Dries script, but now all I have are PNG files. I keep hearing about OBJ sequence but not sure what that is exactly. Help please!