The Movies Render Vault

Started by NM-92, January 02, 2017, 09:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM-92

Hey everyone ! I had this idea running through my head for a while now, so i'm starting this to see where it goes. My intention is to make this a collective thread where everyone can upload their renders inspired by movies. Everything is allowed, you can render movie props, characters, go after a particular mood, as long as you post a reference image, movie title, poster or anything you need to communicate what you want. I think this is a fun project and a good exercise to test our skills. Please let me know what you think and everyone is invited to participate !

I'm starting out with the movie Inception. Reference image and final render attached. I hope you join on this one !

Esben Oxholm

Great idea and nice rendering to kick it off!
I'll definitely chime in with something in the near future :)

Bruce27

Great idea! I love it, because I am passionate about the movies! I will do the work.

Bruce27

I already did a post with Cyclops and Colossus. You can see it in the forum or place on this page?
However these are the links to see my work of Cyclops and Colossus:
https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=13814.0

https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=13828.0

Bruce27

NM-92

Yeah i saw them all bruce !  Can you reupload the images into one post within this thread ?

Bruce27

Here are the pictures! ;)

Will Gibbons

Cool! I'm onboard. Just need to find the time. Hopefully this weekend.

NM-92

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on January 02, 2017, 11:19:49 PM
Great idea and nice rendering to kick it off!
I'll definitely chime in with something in the near future :)

Quote from: Will Gibbons on January 03, 2017, 07:00:27 AM
Cool! I'm onboard. Just need to find the time. Hopefully this weekend.

Cool ! Let's see what you come up with. :D

aptyler

I was working on this guy as part of a volumetric fog study, but he seems to fit the theme.

NM-92

Nice one ! Did you model it yourself ?

aptyler

Nope -- my modeling skills aren't nearly that good. Boba Fett's mesh and textures were extracted from the 2015 Star Wars Battlefront game, then posed in 3DS Max, and rendered in KeyShot.

Hossein Alfideh

Such a great idea nico!
I'd like to be a part of it really soon.

NM-92

I'm currently thinking what to do next so you have time :P

NM-92

Second movie render. Not quite as good as the first one, but i'm pretty happy with it.

Movie: American Psycho.