Heavy black label shadow cast on curved translucent surfaces

Started by Taylor G, January 03, 2017, 04:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor G

I have been having a problem applying labels to curved translucent surfaces. It appears as if a heavy shadow is being cast on to the model however I have not been able to manipulate the shadow by adjusting the label properties nor environmental lighting. The surfaces I am experiencing these issues with are composed of one solid body. I have seen similar issues with translucent materials when one surface is right on top of the other however this is not the case. I have tried the DPI on and off as well as the "two sided" feature both to no avail.  Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Esben Oxholm

Hi Taylor.

I think the problem arises because your label is penetrating through your objects and is applied on the inside surface as well.
A solution (if this is the problem) is to use the geometry editor inside KeyShot to detach the outer surface from the rest, unlink materials for the outer surface and only apply the label to this outer surface material. Screengrabs below shows the before and after of a quick example.

Let me know if you can't make any sense of what I'm trying to describe.

Best,

Taylor G

Thank you Esben Oxholm  that did the trick! Very much appreciated

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: TaylorG on January 04, 2017, 08:52:18 AM
Thank you Esben Oxholm  that did the trick! Very much appreciated
No problem! Glad that it solved the problem :)