Keyshot resetting textures and bump maps

Started by rjpd, November 29, 2016, 01:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjpd

Hi all,

Got a strange situation on Keyshot 6.2....

I've opened up my document which I saved the previous day and all my textures have been re-scaled and are nothing like they were when I saved the document... It means I have to go back in and re-work them all again. Very frustrating!

How can I prevent this from happening again?

Cheers guys!

DMerz III

I know what you mean, this has happened to me randomly before, never been able to reproduce it on purpose.
Very frustrating when it does happen, but for me, it has only occurred a handful of times.

rjpd

I think I've realised what the issue is...

It seems that when you move parts of the geometry around in the scene tree, it pops up with a message about possible mapping issues occurring. I assume this is what my issue was with textures and bumps not being retained by parts!

DMerz III

Hmm, I suppose that could be the cause for me as well. Doesn't seem to happen every single time for me though.

Thanks for sharing!

I've had an issue where I'll set the material, save the file, and reopen the file at a later time, and the mapping will be off. Even without changing up the scene tree.

rjpd

Interesting that you say it doesn't happen even if you don't change the scene tree. Will keep an eye out for this in future!

Niko Planke

Hey,

I have been trying to reproduce this issue on our end.
Yet without success.

Could you provide some additional information to assist me with reproducing this? (e.g. Mapping type, CAD application,  material Type, NURBS enabled/disabled)
Anything that the cases have in common could be important.

Thanks
Niko