Main Menu

Animation?

Started by itsterril, May 13, 2010, 08:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsterril

Are you planning on either adding animation to Keyshot or create another package for animation software in the future?

guest84672

We are looking into adding animation further down the road.

idesignstuff

How far down the road will this animation be added? Are we talking V2.5? V3.0? V4.0?

guest84672

idesignstuff

If you would like alpha/beta testers, we would very much like to be involved to help maximize its functionality.

Thanks for letting us know.

jbeau

If animation is created, I would like to see a world coordinate system (without autoscaling) added to allow all transforms to be imported as animation data.

My clients are extremely excited about the content currently being produced for stills and spins, but I am always asked, "Can you animate that car or do custom camera animations to show off the muscle lines in a more creative way?" This forces me to look for other alternative solutions or script custom functionally. Ideally, I would like to see KS develop into a plugin renderer, but thats another topic all together. I'm looking forward to seeing whats in KS's future...

azonicbruce

Just want to add my feedback and agree that I would like animation capabilities, initially focusing on product design. Basic exploded views and mechanism function, and custom camera paths. Also, PLEASE work with SolidWorks as much as you can to be able to determine what Mates/Constraints are already in the assembly models so that we wouldn't have to connect/rig all over again.