Main Menu

Pixar`s Pete Docter

Started by naghi, January 06, 2017, 07:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jnguyen3d

Great sculpt! Really nailed his expression.  :)

naghi

naghi

zbrush screengrabs

naghi

hair

Will Gibbons

Quote from: naghi on January 06, 2017, 08:39:11 AM
Quote from: Will Gibbons on January 06, 2017, 08:25:47 AM
I don't know who that guy is, but the likeness is certainly there. I'd be totally freaked out if someone modeled my face accurately in 3D! haha. You mentioned you weren't going for 'realistic' textures or anything, but I think this would work well as a bronze sculpture or even better... wax with some nice lighting. Great work!

my gosh.!He is the gread Pete Docter,working in Pixar.friend of John Lasseter.director of inside out...
i couldn`t get good result with keyshot metal materials,maybe i have to test more.
thank you

That explains why he looks familiar. I knew I'd seen him somewhere. As far as metal... it tends to be too reflective, so using something like metallic paint can help get better results. Then, using some occlusion or curvature texture nodes in the material graph to create variation based upon the geometry can really help.

naghi

That explains why he looks familiar. I knew I'd seen him somewhere. As far as metal... it tends to be too reflective, so using something like metallic paint can help get better results. Then, using some occlusion or curvature texture nodes in the material graph to create variation based upon the geometry can really help.
[/quote]

thank you Will.that would be nice.it`s really a long process with my weak laptop.

naghi

here are some test.nothing special.

naghi

naghi

TpwUK

Congratulations - Richly deserved accolade :)

Martin

naghi

Quote from: TpwUK on May 08, 2017, 09:13:31 AM
Congratulations - Richly deserved accolade :)

Martin

thank you Martin