Random stuff ( + The chosen one )

Started by Hossein Alfideh, January 09, 2017, 12:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TpwUK

That's looking good enough to keep Cozy happy :)

Martin

Will Gibbons

Cool! I Really like the marbled material on the drum head.

Magnus Skogsfjord

So much awesome stuff you got going on here! Love them all, but the tricycle looks damn good!

bdesign

The Safe House image is beautiful, Hossein. I love the point lights in the distance glowing within the volumetric fog. The snare drum is great, too. Looks like you might have been going for a Remo Fiberskyn batter head (?) Funny, I was thinking about doing a snare drum for my next render :)

Cheers,
Eric

Esben Oxholm

Yes! Good to see that model being put to good use!  (created the model 12 years ago when I was a 16-year-old kid  :o)
Looks great and I look forward to see more shots of it, Hossein :)

NM-92

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on January 17, 2017, 05:40:25 AM
Yes! Good to see that model being put to good use!  (created the model 12 years ago when I was a 16-year-old kid  :o)

Damn! You're dating yourself here! ;) haha, I'm pretty sure I didn't know what CAD what when I was 16. I was too busy being a little punk.

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: TpwUK on January 16, 2017, 08:29:33 AM
That's looking good enough to keep Cozy happy :)

Martin

Thanks alot Martin. Those hot spots almost killed me man,rendered this over 10 times with different amount of samples,I also increased material samples but they still show up! I finally rendered with 3200 samples and as you can see they are still there! :-X

Quote from: Will Gibbons on January 16, 2017, 08:30:43 AM
Cool! I Really like the marbled material on the drum head.

Thanks alot Will! I used Remo Fiberskyn texture.
I would appreciate if you have any suggestion about the sample problem I mentioned above too.

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on January 16, 2017, 01:27:31 PM
So much awesome stuff you got going on here! Love them all, but the tricycle looks damn good!

Really appreciate it Magnus!
Thanks for your comment man. :)

Quote from: bdesign on January 16, 2017, 04:33:41 PM
The Safe House image is beautiful, Hossein. I love the point lights in the distance glowing within the volumetric fog. The snare drum is great, too. Looks like you might have been going for a Remo Fiberskyn batter head (?) Funny, I was thinking about doing a snare drum for my next render :)

Cheers,
Eric

thanks alit Eric,yes you're right.I was going for a simple texture but then I found a nice Remo texture :)
Rendering snare is fantastic! I'm pretty sure you'll come up with a better reault than mine bro! ;)

Quote from: NM-92 on January 17, 2017, 06:51:23 AM
Cool !

Thanks alot Nico! :)

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on January 17, 2017, 05:40:25 AM

Thanks a lot Esben for the kind words!
I tottaly agree with Will,back then I had no Idea what CAD is.
12 years ago 80% of my work with computer was playing GTA vice city  ;D

NM-92

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on January 17, 2017, 12:01:10 PM
I would appreciate if you have any suggestion about the sample problem I mentioned above too.

Have you tried interior mode ? How is this illuminated ? Some times changing from area lights to emissives reduces this effect.

Will Gibbons

Thoughts on samples...

What material is the metal? I tend to have more control/better luck with metallic paint than metal.
What are the material samples? Do they have a tiny bit of roughness added?
What light source... a physical light I assume? If so, can you try moving it further away from the model?
Is the model in correct units? (Good to double-check it imported into KS with proper scale)... this also may affect your lighting.
Finally, this might be a good time to use Advanced Control render settings. 3200 is really high (as you know), so the number of samples won't likely fix it.

Those are often the culprits of noise in my renderings. Good luck. I'm interested to hear if any of this helps.

TpwUK

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on January 17, 2017, 12:01:10 PM
]Thanks alot Martin. Those hot spots almost killed me man,rendered this over 10 times with different amount of samples,I also increased material samples but they still show up! I finally rendered with 3200 samples and as you can see they are still there! :-X
That's an insane amount of samples - Chasing fireflies is hard. Will's given you some great pointers there regarding scale and material roughness settings etc, another tip from me if you have the pro version of KS is to use tilt in the HDRi editor and to add pins, rotation is often not good enough on its own :) If fireflies are still an issue after 256 samples, the chances are you need different materials or a different HDRi.

Martin

Speedster

QuoteI'm pretty sure I didn't know what CAD what when I was 16. I was too busy being a little punk
Sheesh!  When I was 16 the computer as we know it had not even been invented!  Neither had the calculator, as I built the prototype of the first one, the "Bomar Brain"!
Bill G

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Speedster on January 17, 2017, 03:21:45 PM
QuoteI'm pretty sure I didn't know what CAD what when I was 16. I was too busy being a little punk
Sheesh!  When I was 16 the computer as we know it had not even been invented!  Neither had the calculator, as I built the prototype of the first one, the "Bomar Brain"!
Bill G

I love hearing your stories Bill! Sounds like you've seen some cool technologies develop over the years.

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: NM-92 on January 17, 2017, 01:06:21 PM

Have you tried interior mode ? How is this illuminated ? Some times changing from area lights to emissives reduces this effect.

Yes Nico, I tried Interior mode but I had no luck. I'm using an IES light for the yellow glow.

Quote from: Will Gibbons on January 17, 2017, 01:32:01 PM
Thoughts on samples...

What material is the metal? I tend to have more control/better luck with metallic paint than metal.
What are the material samples? Do they have a tiny bit of roughness added?
What light source... a physical light I assume? If so, can you try moving it further away from the model?
Is the model in correct units? (Good to double-check it imported into KS with proper scale)... this also may affect your lighting.
Finally, this might be a good time to use Advanced Control render settings. 3200 is really high (as you know), so the number of samples won't likely fix it.

Those are often the culprits of noise in my renderings. Good luck. I'm interested to hear if any of this helps.

I was using metal. I've changed it to metallic paint and decreased roughness a little bit.for the lighting I used an IES and I checked the scale unit again, it was ok I guess.I'm thinking this might have been caused by enabling DOF.

Quote from: TpwUK on January 17, 2017, 03:04:08 PM
That's an insane amount of samples - Chasing fireflies is hard. Will's given you some great pointers there regarding scale and material roughness settings etc, another tip from me if you have the pro version of KS is to use tilt in the HDRi editor and to add pins, rotation is often not good enough on its own :) If fireflies are still an issue after 256 samples, the chances are you need different materials or a different HDRi.

Martin

Yes Martin,Tilting the HDRI helped a bit for creating some cool shadows I didnt get in my previous renders.
I'm attaching my results with the metallic paint material and moving my light source further away and in the second one without DOF,all rendered with 256 samples.

Magnus Skogsfjord

I feel I'm contributing in taking this thread off-topic here, but those fireflies gets damn aggressive anytime I try to include a physical lighting object. For that reason, I usually steer clear of physical lighting if I have a lot of rough materials. Richard Funnel once posted a good tip which has helped me reduce it, and that is changing the units. When I import models from NX, they are usually in mm. Converting (correlate) to cm does calm the fireflies down a bit, but I'm never able to get completely rid of them once they have settled in (except for removing the physical lights).