Modified toon material issue

Started by RYANO, January 18, 2017, 09:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RYANO

Greetings,

I am working with a modified Toon material that I am using for architectural illustrations based off of  this Toon material for technical illustrations:

https://www.keyshot.com/2016/using-keyshot-toon-material-technical-illustration/

I am having an issue where the edges that are not edge-boundary lines render thicker than the edges that define the contour against the background. I need the opposite. I am able to scale the line weights proportionately but not independently.  I have tried to check the 'Part Contour' box but i still get the same result.

Any advice?

Will Gibbons

Just curious... what purpose does the color composite node serve in your screen shot of material graph?

I think your issue may lie in the multiplier settings in the toon material. With a line thickness of 1, the number you've put in the multiplier fields will effectively be the width that line is drawn. I can't see what yours are set to from your screen shot.

RYANO

It seems that no matter how I adjust the multiplier settings I still have thicker lines on the interior. This issue seems to show up in the basic, unmodified toon render as well.

You're right, the color composite node is obsolete.

INNEO_MWo

What does it looks like, if you turn of all the nodes and use the toon material regularly?

bdesign

Without having your matGraph setup to look at, I'd guess perhaps you need to decrease the radius value in the Occlusion node (?)

Cheers,
Eric

Will Gibbons

I second MWO - I would suggest you try getting it right without using any additional nodes in the Material Graph first...

Outline vs. Part Contour will take effect depending on how your geometry is broken into different bodies. See that checkbox on the bottom, called Part Contour? Try enabling that. It should fix your issue.

Also, your shadow multiplier is set to 1, you can uncheck the 'environment shadows' check box as it's having no visual effect. The toon material should work as-is.