How to achieve a sharp render?

Started by fa2020, January 17, 2017, 12:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fa2020

Hi guys,
I always wonder how people render sharp images using keyshot or any other renderer like Vray. For example you can see a very sharp render in the attachment.
Is there any tips for achieving such a sharp shots? Is it Photoshop post process? If it's Photoshop, which filter people use to create that sharpness without destroying the smoothness and details of the main image? When I use Google NIK filter or even photoshap's built-in sharpness filter, the  image gets noisy and I cannot achieve such a quality you see in the image below.
Please help me. Thanks

Esben Oxholm

Hi fa2020.

There are several steps involved to achieve a 'sharp' look.
1. You need a detailed model with fillet on even the tiniest edges.
2. You need to lighting your model to show all your details.
3. Postprocessing.

Here's one way to sharpen parts of your image:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLT_Tot4jSc&t=29s

Remember, this is just one way to do it. I don't use that method much anymore myself. I more often use the highpass filter on a copied layer of the final rendering and use 'overlay' as blend mode (in photoshop) or/and use the 'clarity' slider in the 'camera raw filter' effect.

Hope it helps you in the right direction. There are tons of tutorials on youtube on how to sharpen your image with photoshop.
Best,

fa2020

Thank you for your response. Whether people use scaling-down method after sharpening their images in Photoshop or not?