Stick a picture on the bottom

Started by sarend, January 19, 2017, 04:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarend

Hi,
I'm a very beginner and I would like to stick an image on the bottom of my scene. Not like a backplate. My model should stand on the Picture.
I've tried to put the image on a flat disc. That works, but I didn't get the disc to be transparent (and I don't know if this is the right way to go).
Could anybody help me please?

Chad Holton

Sounds like you're going about it the correct way. Not sure what you mean about needing it to be transparent though. Maybe an opacity map is what you need?

HaroldL

Are you looking for something like this from Cascadia Design?

sarend

Yes. That's exactly what I'm looking for.

NM-92

Hello sarend. If you're looking for something that looks like the images that Harold posted, you need to create a surface for your model to sit in and then apply the image in the diffuse channel. No need for transparency. But if you do need transparency there are two ways. You can edit your image , set the parts that you need to be transparent and save it as a PNG. That way when you apply that in the diffuse channel, the geometry will not show in the places that you established. The other way around is to, like Chad said, create an opacity map to have more control over the transparency. I hope i was clear enough. A reference picture would be nice to see.

sarend

OK. Here's a picture of what I want to do. I made the circle in photoshop and now I want to put it on the bottom in keyshot so that my model can stand on it.
My idea was, to put the circle-image on an cube with a very small height and make the cube invisible. But I don't get the cube to be invisble  :-\.

TpwUK

Quote from: sarend on January 23, 2017, 12:50:22 AM
OK. Here's a picture of what I want to do. I made the circle in photoshop and now I want to put it on the bottom in keyshot so that my model can stand on it.
My idea was, to put the circle-image on an cube with a very small height and make the cube invisible. But I don't get the cube to be invisble  :-\.
Add a ground plane. Set the Opacity to the Radial Gradient in textures. Set the gradient texture to not repeat and scale it to suit. This will give you a graduated transparency. You can add a colour or a texture for diffuse and bump to make it more interesting. Then add your target image as a label and position/scale it to suit.

Martin

DriesV

Are you using KeyShot 6 Pro?
If so, then here is one way to go about it.

On the ground plane, I applied a Diffuse label on the Ground material.
I then used a B/W texture as an opacity map for the label. The Color to Number node was added to more finely control the opacity of the label.

Credits:
Rocky Horse (model)
http://dimensiva.com/rocky-horse-by-magis/
Vintage clock (texture)
http://www.freepik.com/free-vector/vintage-clock_722590.htm#term=clock&page=1&position=3

Dries

sarend

Yes, I did it. Many thanks for your help. :D

Sonja