Porsche Cayenne Scene

Started by Digital Epics, January 21, 2017, 01:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digital Epics

For a job I purchased a car pack as background elements. Because I never rendered a car scene before, I gave it a try because I saw so much of them made with Keyshot.. To be honest there are huge differences compared to the pro renders.. but it took me an hour so please judge it not too hard! :D

But anyway I think Keyshot is very good at rendering reflections, which are essential for car renders.. so I will do a serious car render with Keyshot soon! :)

Best Regards
Nicolas

TpwUK

I have seen some pretty poor first time car renders, but trust me yours have nothing to be ashamed of at all. If you want to get into vehicle rendering more, you should look up Tim Feher's excellent vehicle rendering webinar. It can be found on YouTube and possibly still on KeyShots web site.

Martin

Esben Oxholm

Very great first attempt.

I would suggest you to pay attention to how the reflections come across the surfaces of the car and how it emphasises the shape of the car.
For example the way that the reflection on the hood abruptly starts and stops is not so desirable. I think it would be better if it covered the entire hood and faded a bit to enhance the curvature.

But again, you're definitely on the right track :)

Will Gibbons

Great job! You'll get lots of great tips from folks here who just want to see you push your skills and the software! A couple pointers I can offer is to make the backdrop round bigger so it fades out and is a bit more subtle in the background. Another is the tessellation. It seems like if you can get it tessellated any higher, it would offer even more accurate and smoother looking surfaces on the vehicle.

Really though, great start.

Digital Epics

Hey Esben!
Thank you very much for your feedback! Car reflections are one of the toughest tasks for me and I have to work on that and improve myself.
But it's nice that my first car render ever has some kind of interest to the people! That spreads hope over me! :D

Initially I tried to just approve the model because I purchased it and needed it for a job.. so I will do a second attempt and improve the lighting as much as I can.. but I don't have experience in that field.. It's a kind of language which you have to understand first in order to able to reply to that.. you know what I mean.. it has to be a conversation.. for now it's just a monolog..

I love your renders! No feedback needed! ;) Thank you!

Digital Epics

Hey Will,

thank you for your feedback as well! There is never any excuse when you show up any Image online which is not made perfect!
It was an approval for a lowPoly background car but because it went out well, I decided to upload it here..
You're definitely right about both points! I will work on that as well! Thank you!

Will Gibbons

Cool! It's a lot better than any car I've rendered btw!

NM-92

Hey man ! Looking great. My first car renders were horrible (some still are :P) I have nothing to add to the previous comments, just saying it looks really fine for your first !