Main Menu

Saddle Moves

Started by imikej, January 28, 2017, 09:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imikej

Seldom can we show our work in process. Most times it's unannounced. In this case, we're working with a product that is in the market. I'm always curious about the process that others go through. So, we thought we'd show ours. This is a clay of a saddle. In this animation our objective was simply to get the moves right. Timing comes later. Light comes later. Material comes later. The red, green and blue are video screens where a rider will climb across all three like a video wall. The entire piece will be 30 seconds. As always, suggestions are always appreciated.

Will Gibbons

Cool! Thanks for sharing. I'm always interested to see this BTS stuff. My only thoughts would be to make it look a bit less mechanical... the movement that is. Maybe some over/under rotating. This usually takes finesse and is a manual process in KeyShot, but that might be a detail that could be added later. If an object is 'floating' it just doesn't make sense that it goes from a standstill to moving rapidly and vice versa. Just my thought. I'm interested to see where this goes.

imikej

Thanks Will.  Great input.  This is a "study" to show off a few ideas that could be used with saddles, but really some other products we are talking about.  I'm troubled by the "jerk" too.  But, that's one thing we wanted to emphasize to see the client reaction.  GoPro does a bit of that effectively.  We've done a lot of smooth as silk for Specialized, so testing the waters.  But, I agree we could work this a bit more.  Thanks!

Will Gibbons

Ah, yes they have. I know what you're referring to. Interested to see how they react.