Label mapping issue

Started by explora, February 01, 2017, 12:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

explora

How can I put the bar code label on the side of my casing and on the top without distortion.Using keyshot 4
I Have try it in keyshot  6 demo without success !

Thanks
Alain

jhiker

I have often found it helps to view a face directly 'square-on'  in an orthogonal view when placing labels. Scale it down a bit, position it approximately, then scale up and reposition as required.

Robb63

If you are using "Normal Projection" as your mapping type, you will definitely need the camera square (Normal) to the surface you are placing this label on.
Depending on your design intent, and what software the part was modeled in (if it has UV mapping, etc...), you may have to experiment with different mapping types (and label scales) to get the decal to wrap the way you would like it to.

explora

Thanks Robb for your advice.
I have put the camera in ''front position'' before applying label on front surface (square, normal )and still have distortion.
My design intent is to wrap the label on 3 side of the casing. Placing bar code on side wall.

INNEO_MWo

Hello Alain.

To wrap a label around some geometry, we need to use UV mapping. And here are some limitations with files from typical MCAD.

You find this topic e.g. here: https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=10828.0

Perhaps in KeyShot 7 will be some enhancements to solve this without splitting the label?!

Chad Holton

Can you separate bar code from the blue label in your graphics software, then apply it in the correct position separately in KeyShot?