Persian graffiti ( + Palm street : Vice City)

Started by Hossein Alfideh, February 01, 2017, 12:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossein Alfideh

Hello everyone
I teamed up with an old friend of mine Amin Hodjat to create some cool shots using his sketches and my 3D work.
you can see plenty of persian graffiti sketches on his instagram (engine_graffiti).
we start this project with an old sketch. I've modeled the environment with CATIA and the trees are the same models in private villa scene and car models are from animium.com .
I don't expect you to read what it says because its in persian alphabets.
here is a hint,it says Engine.(انجین)  :D
I'm working on some new environments and we plan to use them as stickers on the body of cars but just have to see how it goes first.
I'll be glad to hear your thoughts on this kind of work and any cool idea is welcomed as always.
cheers

Will Gibbons

Man, I am quite impressed. These are getting way up there in quality! Love these. I honestly don't have anything to add at this point.

guest84672

Indeed - these are very cool. The only comment I have is that the cars could be  tad bit brighter so they stand out a bit more. But then this may take away from the cool graffiti. Just my thoughts.

NM-92

I love this Hossein ! The one with the Porsche in it is my favourite. There's something with the background (the trees) that bugs me off a little but i'm not really sure what it is. I want to see those applied to the cars now :P

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: Will Gibbons on February 01, 2017, 12:51:52 PM
Man, I am quite impressed. These are getting way up there in quality! Love these. I honestly don't have anything to add at this point.

Thanks man! high five!  :D

Quote from: thomasteger on February 01, 2017, 03:42:47 PM
Indeed - these are very cool. The only comment I have is that the cars could be  tad bit brighter so they stand out a bit more. But then this may take away from the cool graffiti. Just my thoughts.

Thank you Thomas for taking a look at my thread and sharing your thoughts with me.actually I though of that myself too but as you also mentioned I did not wanted to lose the attention on the graffiti,as you can see I have set focal length on he wall.
another reason was that I kinda wanted to go for a special foggy weather which you expect rain any moment.the moment you know it's gonna rain gets darker abit I guess.  :)

Quote from: NM-92 on February 01, 2017, 03:54:22 PM
I love this Hossein ! The one with the Porsche in it is my favourite. There's something with the background (the trees) that bugs me off a little but i'm not really sure what it is. I want to see those applied to the cars now :P

Thanks a bunch Nico.actually the one with porsche is my faveourite one too.
I really dont know maybe its because of the volumetric fog or Dof!?  ???
I think Mitsubishi Lancer is a cool choice  8)

Hossein Alfideh

Hi everyone,
I'm trying some other stuff and other moods for this project.
Hope you like it. :)

Josh3D

All of these Hossein, LOOK AWESOME. That last one is superb.

Will Gibbons

I really like these architectural/outdoor scenes you're doing. Thoughts on the last one... may want to turn it all grayscale and see if the values are all good. I think the ground material may be competing with the areas that are lit up. If it works well as a grayscale image, then it should work well as a colored image. You can do this non-destructively in Photoshop with a hue/saturation adjustment layer. Also, may be nice to reference street photography. I think this one just needs a tad more contrast. Very nice work.

bdesign

+1 with Will...your exterior shots are really excellent! I like the contrast of the night mood and indoor lit areas, especially the partially open garage/storage door. The motion blur on the passing car is a really nice touch.  Another way to quickly visualize various values/moods in an image is to apply a Black & White adjustment layer, set to Luminosity blending mode, and scroll through the various presets. Well done, Hossein :)

Cheers,
Eric

TpwUK

Excellent mood, looks almost like a stake out shout- The added bonus of the long exposure effect from the passing car gives it a little bit more kick too ... Seriously good effort Hossein!

Martin

NM-92

Nothing to add here, as i said on your IG, this one looks great.

SergioBL

+1 on the Porsche render! And the lights on the Budweiser geometry is awesome! Something I can't achieve yet...

Magnus Skogsfjord

Holy cow Hossein. This looks fantastic! Love them all!

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: Josh Mings on February 13, 2017, 09:09:10 AM
All of these Hossein, LOOK AWESOME. That last one is superb.

Oh thanks a bunch Josh for the kind words!  :)

Quote from: Will Gibbons on February 13, 2017, 09:50:25 AM
I really like these architectural/outdoor scenes you're doing. Thoughts on the last one... may want to turn it all grayscale and see if the values are all good. I think the ground material may be competing with the areas that are lit up. If it works well as a grayscale image, then it should work well as a colored image. You can do this non-destructively in Photoshop with a hue/saturation adjustment layer. Also, may be nice to reference street photography. I think this one just needs a tad more contrast. Very nice work.

I really appreciate it Will and thanks for the tip!yes the asphalt looks a bit bright to me too,I'm thinking this can be fixed by increasing the ground texture's contrast in KS too. Thanks for taking a look dude.  :)

Quote from: bdesign on February 13, 2017, 10:50:25 AM
+1 with Will...your exterior shots are really excellent! I like the contrast of the night mood and indoor lit areas, especially the partially open garage/storage door. The motion blur on the passing car is a really nice touch.  Another way to quickly visualize various values/moods in an image is to apply a Black & White adjustment layer, set to Luminosity blending mode, and scroll through the various presets. Well done, Hossein :)

Cheers,
Eric

Thanks a lot Eric!your comment made my day dude!
and thanks for the tip too buddy really appreciate it!  :)

Quote from: TpwUK on February 13, 2017, 11:22:13 AM
Excellent mood, looks almost like a stake out shout- The added bonus of the long exposure effect from the passing car gives it a little bit more kick too ... Seriously good effort Hossein!

Martin

I'm glad you liked the mood Martin! I went for a walk earlier looking for a place to hangout with my friends then I saw something like this.
that long exposure was a last minute decision,feels great that you approve it man!

Quote from: NM-92 on February 13, 2017, 11:23:14 AM
Nothing to add here, as i said on your IG, this one looks great.

Thanks bro!  ;)

Quote from: SergioBL on February 13, 2017, 01:16:49 PM
+1 on the Porsche render! And the lights on the Budweiser geometry is awesome! Something I can't achieve yet...

I'm not an expert on automotive field like you Sergio!I'm glad you like it dude!
That Budweiser geometry isn't something complex, I used Diffuse material (black) as my base and then applied Emissive as a label then an Occlusion and a color adjust node as opacity did the work to get some parts of the letters brighter.  :)

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on February 16, 2017, 02:25:00 AM
Holy cow Hossein. This looks fantastic! Love them all!

Thank you Magnus! :D
I'm thinking of printing one or two but first I have to finish the whole project and see which one deserves to be printed.

Hossein Alfideh

Hi everyone,
I'm back to this old scene and wanted to get a wider shot that shows a part of a street which is more or less like GTA Vice City's Ocean beach.I remember I spent a lot of time playing and driving cars on Ocean Beach as kid.Kinda lived there  :D
Anyways I used a couple of models from different scenes and put them all together.I tried to add as much as details I could remember.The whole picture is rendered with 512 samples but the lower parts with the motion blur is rendered with1024 samples.So here is my result.
Your thoughts are welcomed as always.Hope you like it.
cheers