o9p's Render Thread (xbox lastest)

Started by o9p, August 11, 2016, 08:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

o9p

I thought I should get around to posting a lot more of my renders, so in light of that I figured I should just make my own render thread.

I'm always looking for tips, comments, and help on improving my renders. Feel free to do just that.

For a start, here's a poke'ball I made in solidworks based off another designers sketch.
I wanna throw a shoutout to nicordf for a post action in PS.

Josh3D

Hey Garrett! Didn't welcome you on the Mp3 player thread, so welcome! Look forward to seeing more of your work.

I certainly like the more futuristic look of this Pokeball. Nice work!

o9p

Quote from: Josh Mings on August 11, 2016, 08:41:47 AM
Hey Garrett! Didn't welcome you on the Mp3 player thread, so welcome! Look forward to seeing more of your work.
Thanks Josh, I look forward to posting more work haha.

nicordf

Hey Garret thanks for the shoot out! I really like the design, nice radiuses and indents! ;) Have you tried adding a tad of a cellular bump to the materials and floor? (If you zoom in on Will's wasp rendering you'll see what I mean)

o9p

Hey Guys, been a little while since I got around to posting any updates. Thought I would show off a few of my recent personal projects.

Been working on a drawing/drafting compass with removable prongs. The locking mechanism is based on the black diamond magnatron carabiner.

o9p

Few more for you guys, didn't want to hit the post size cap.

o9p

Wanted to add some new shots of a headset I was working on. I'd like to get around to some depth of field renders, and maybe a white version for the newer XB1s. Anyway, please enjoy.

o9p

Trying to get a bit more serious about some render tips Ive been reading up on here at the forums.

These are supposed to be epoxy stickers.