Shrimp Lounge Chair from jehs+laub

Started by Andrzej Orzecki, February 05, 2017, 05:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrzej Orzecki

Hi everyone! 
First of all i want to introduce myself to the whole Keyshot community. My name is Andrzej,i'm from Poland and i am a begginer with few months of learning in Keyshot right now, but  everyday i'm more in love with this amazing tool :)
For the first shot i want to share a chair i've downloaded from grabcad created by Aziz Sabic. Please leave a criticism or a suggestion if it's needed.
I will be grateful for any help how to improve my shots (and my english).

Regards!

NM-92

Hi, and welcome ! The shots and materials look really nice, so i don't think i can critique any of that. Maybe you can play a bit more with DoF and camera angles to improve your composition. Different colour light sources can also add more dynamism to the shot. Great job !

Esben Oxholm

Hi Andrzej.
Great start!

I would be a bit careful about the cropping on these images. I would suggest you to give the model a bit more room to breath, that is, increase the distance between the top and bottom edges of the chair and the border of the image. It will help to create a more relaxed feeling.

Otherwise it seems like you are on the right path :)

Will Gibbons

Great choice in model! I like the one with the black frame especially! The framing could be better as suggested by Esben, but maybe a couple close-ups to accompany the full view of the chair. Very nice though! And welcome!

Andrzej Orzecki

Hello again guys

Firstly,thank you a lot for that comments and your time. I relly apriciate that help,support and suggestion. I will try to apply maybe later advices to exactly that scene but for sure in the next my shots.
Btw,yours works are amazing! Great content. I'm new here so i did not seen everything but for now,totally rock!
And Esben,you are making very inspiring and valuable tutorials.
*edit- of course you Will too! :)

Thank you once more.

Josh3D

Welcome Andrzej! That's a challenging piece to start with, but you're off to a great start. I would suggest starting with an exercise is setting up some cameras, no materials or lighting, to get an idea on the composition. Add some lighting and adjust.  May seem like working backwards, but can be a helpful approach at times on objects that are more challenging to capture. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Andrzej Orzecki

Hello Josh!

Thank you for your opinion,you are absolutely right. Now i'm studying composition with variety of settings,like you said, add and adjust. I'm learning how to set camera and of course a lot of new things inside keyshot but for now,for sure i mainly use a intuition:)  But overall for me, doing that kind of exercises it is not a problem because i understand how important is the basics knowledge.
So,back to the roots:)
Thank you once more for your help! i really appreciate this.

Regards!