Main Menu

Jeep Wrangler

Started by nutsy, February 24, 2017, 10:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nutsy

Check it out! Just finished up this off-road rendering

nutsy

Fixed the rendering so the jeep fits in the environment better. Let me know what ya'll think!

guest84672

I like it but something doesn't look right. Maybe the vehicle is too clean?

Will Gibbons

Awesome environment... the exact place I'd like to drive one of those. I think one thing that Thomas picked up on here is the light and color. The color and reflections and direction of light in the background image doesn't match the jeep completely. You'd want to make sure you have plenty of warm/brown light reflected off the rocks onto the vehicle. Some dust on the Jeep wouldn't hurt either. Check out the occlusion material and see if you can create a dirt/dust pass that you can comp onto the Jeep in post. The shadow on the ground looks good... maybe some motion blur on the Jeep as well would help. Also, the darks in the jeep are darker than the darks in the rocks... so I'd try to match your black point. After that and some subtle color grading to bring these together should really make it a strong rendering.

I hope that helps and I hope to see a second pass on this one as I think it would be a very nice image... Also, maybe crop in a bit closer so the Jeep is the hero of the shot.

nutsy

Thanks Will! Great feedback

Sliver

Great image!  Love anything to do with Jeeps off road.
The dust looks good, but there is dust in front of the tires.  I'm thinking the dust would only be behind the tires. 
Also liked what Will said.  The dirt on the bumper looks good.  A thin layer of dust on the whole vehicle would look great. 

And the sun spot reflection left of the windshield looks a bit low with the rocks so close.  Maybe if it was higher up and to the right on the windshield?  Also some people inside would be a great touch.

Easy for me to say ; )