Main Menu

audi r8

Started by ada, January 24, 2011, 01:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ada

audi r8 :)

raduteo

Very nice, would love to see the HDR used.

tvanryn

A little bit of realism advice.  CG cars often look like they're "on their tiptoes" because there is no perceived weight.  Flatspot the tires, and maybe lower the car slightly to give it a more realistic look.  Ad agencies lower cars all the time, usually with weights, to get a better look in photos.  Try it out, you'll be surprised at the difference!

JeffM

The last post makes a great point. The feeling of weight is key to a fully realistic render. In KeyShot, nudge the model just slightly lower (cuts into the ground slightly) and you'll get the flat spot on the tires very easily.

Robert V.

Hi Jeff,

If I do that, the tire is still see-able through the floor (below the shadow that is).
Will there be in a future update the possibility to move an object even more precise (now it's x,xx would love to see x,xxx) or an option that allows keyshot to cut away everything below the ground level?

tvanryn

If you try to stuff the tire through the ground plane it seems to cause shadow issues.  I just trim the bottom off of the tires before I import into KeyShot.  That seems to work well.

EGON

Would love to see an example of your trimmed tires in a render.

tvanryn

EGON, the pic I posted in the "Wheel" thread by Kurg is showing a trimmed tire.  http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=1398.msg4911#msg4911

EGON

"Trimmed Tire " LOL !