White spot with lights

Started by BenG075, October 15, 2013, 10:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilippeV8

Photoshop / Filter / Noise / Median... set it to 1 or 2 pixels.  IF you are in need of a quick fix and are OK to do it in post !

JMAHIEDDINE

I noticed where the problem was, if you reduce the raybounce to 1 every dots disapear for some reason. I dont't see much difference in increasing that number unless you want a super realistic glass refraction or something like that.
You can put 10 in indirect light bounce, it won't change anything if  raybounce is at 1.

Hope it will help

NM-92

Had the same issue across various scenes. I figured out that if i rendered my latest scene (interior kitchen) in total simulation preset, almost all the white dots dissapeared, so it has to be something with lighting options, really don't know which one specifically.

JMAHIEDDINE

In fact it is clearly a problem when you are doing interior renders because you need point lights, spot lights and directional lights, those type of lights are the cause of the problem, i didn't see this issue with area light for example.
If you reduce the radius in your light properties, it helps but does not solve the problem at all. If you modify the bump of certain material it helps as well, but then you loose the info you needed on your material.
The only good solution is to reduce ray bounce at one, you can keep your roughness, bump and every thing you need, and with a lot of indirect light bounces plus good shadows and sample, you still get incredible renders

NM-92

Quote from: JMAHIEDDINE on April 22, 2016, 02:06:43 PM
In fact it is clearly a problem when you are doing interior renders because you need point lights, spot lights and directional lights, those type of lights are the cause of the problem, i didn't see this issue with area light for example.
If you reduce the radius in your light properties, it helps but does not solve the problem at all. If you modify the bump of certain material it helps as well, but then you loose the info you needed on your material.
The only good solution is to reduce ray bounce at one, you can keep your roughness, bump and every thing you need, and with a lot of indirect light bounces plus good shadows and sample, you still get incredible renders

I'll check that out.

mariomarimba

my latest observation on this issue that i have too with white spots is:  when i use environment HDRI (real sky and nature) as source of light
white spots are there in particular on AXALTA finishes, but when i use one of those indoor studio lighting on the same model-no white spots .
i render my design models very often.  I am an architect and run KS 6.0.  I can not recall this kind of problem on KS-3  or KS 4.
it is an issue on such a superb software.

regards

guest84672

This sounds odd. Do you have an example that shows this?

boycee41

Hi, I'm getting the same issues in Keyshot 6.1.72, can't reduce the samples, as the glass textures look unrealistic, anyone had any luck sorting it ?

Will Gibbons

Quote from: boycee41 on July 11, 2016, 04:30:29 AM
Hi, I'm getting the same issues in Keyshot 6.1.72, can't reduce the samples, as the glass textures look unrealistic, anyone had any luck sorting it ?

Definitely, be sure to update to the latest 6.2 release and see if that helps at all.

eobet

Why am I not able to reply to this topic:

https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=6837.30

Can a forum moderator please merge this thread with that topic?

I've encountered the same thing in the latest Keyshot, using a "full simulation" render with maximum samples:

Chad Holton

Take a look here: https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=13059.0

There are some great tips in there that may help.