Sketchup model meter unit importing

Started by skeccy, November 09, 2016, 02:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeccy

Hello, i have a problem when import a sketchup model directly into Keyshot
The model is in meter unit, when i import it in keyshot the unit become inches, then i edit the unit scene in edit menĂ¹ and convert all in meters,  convert one inch into 0,0254 m. The unit of a model become meters but when one object of this is selected and try to move in any direction using position tab, if i change one value , for example in z axis, the unit of displacement remains in inches. i try to scale all object using 0,0254 conversion but all model become very small into scene and the displacement remains in inches. Note: the sketchup model is in meters, edited in meters and saved in meters. Is a bug of Keyshot importing and unit conversion? I attached my sketchup model into this post

Scuse me for my bad english.

System and software used: Windows 7 64 bit, Sketchup pro 2016, Keyshot 6.2.105 64bit

guest84672

Yes - you are correct. This will be addressed in our new release.

We will be updating the SketchUp plugin shortly. This should address the issue.

kram242

Just downloaded the KeyShot trial and am experiencing  problems importing from SketchUp 2015 as well.
The problem seems to happen when using complex models.

guest84672

Can you be more specific? What seems to be the problem?

kram242

I have tried 1m cube no problem
1 have tried 1mm cube no problem
Its when I try to import a file (existing) that has some complex stls that were brought into sketchup (and cleaned up) that causes the error
The error is that the parts never show up and the screen is zoomed out extreme.
I did a little testing and found (through the process of deleting each part until the import worked) that it was one of the switch models we has been working on that was causing the error. Once they were eliminated it imported perfectly. So I think that the error is more on the model itself and so i will work on that to see what it cause the problem. If I find out anything I will repost the findings, but so far it seems all is good.

guest84672

It is difficult to determine what causes this. Can you share an example?