Main Menu

recent work

Started by designgestalt, February 20, 2017, 08:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

designgestalt

hello everybody,
we are pretty new to Keyshot and still hassling with some problems, where the program does not exactly want to do as we want.
yet, the first renderings came out and I would like what you think.
as we are a product design studio, the main focus is on transporting the product itself and not on so much on a dramatic scene...
we are still struggling with the textures on the gogglestraps, although I think we can do much better next time.
it is a little bit in between where bump stops and displacement starts, but treating the artwork better in PS (i.e. with blurs ) should also help.
let me know, what you think ...

Magnus Skogsfjord

Ah, these are really cool! I remember designing a frameless panoramic goggle based on the electric EG2 in my university, but the professor didn't think this would catch on as it was too simple for a product directed to technically equipped freestylers. Pfft. Oh well, got to get myself a frameless one soon. Looks really good this one!

Anyway, I'd love to see the helmet with a matte finish, simply because I tend to like them better. The olive green looks good though, although I personally would have preferred a deeper color. Maybe a black one as well:)

Renderingwise I'm not sure where you would need to improve. The details are excellent in my opinion. What do you model in?

designgestalt

hello Magnus,
thank you !
if you are into frameless goggles, here are two more...
what do you think ...
funny, how some profs are very far away from the real world.
I had some of those as well ...!
... just being to the ISPO two weeks ago, there are hardly any goggles with full surrounding frames at the moment it seems...
that helmet comes in black matte too :)
all the parts are designed in our studio and modeled in Alias !

Magnus Skogsfjord

Ah, nice! Got myself a black matte Bern helmet myself:) Somewhat similar to the helmet with the green strip here.

I love those black goggles there as well. Would go nicely with the Bern! Do you have any renders with the goggles and/or helmet fitted to a manikin head or something? I think that would be good to get a sense of size and area of face occupation;) My EG2's are huge. Almost at the point of being too huge.