Diamond render

Started by Bruno, January 25, 2011, 12:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

Hi,

I try the trial version of Keyshot and I would like to know what is the method to obtain a realistic image for the diamonds on my ring? Because my result is bad (see attached file)  :-\

I have also an error message when I open a file .3dm (see attached file), do you have a solution of this problem?

Thank you for your help.

Bruno

Arnaud

Re bonjour :)

J'ai compris ! Dans ce cas ce n'est pas un problème d'accent mais simplement que pour alléger le poids des fichiers ils ont été enregistrés avec l'option "Enregistrement Compacté" qui enregistre seulement la géométrie, sans le maillage de rendu. Il suffit d'ouvrir le fichier avec Rhino, passer en mode Ombré puis le réenregistrer. Ca marche !

I understand the problem. To save file size, the model has been saved with Rhino's "Save Small" option. So the 3DM file contains geometric informations but no render mesh. You just have to load the model into Rhino, display it in Shaded mode and save it again. Then Keyshot importer works perfectly !

Bruno

Merci (thank you) Arnaud.

And for the rendering of the diamond, do you have a method?

Bruno

Arnaud

I discovered another problem : because the gems were inserted as blocks, they're not well read by the importer. So, in addition, before saving the 3DM model you have to _SelBlockInstance and _Explode. I made also some cleaning in unused Layers.

JeffM

To make the diamonds better, drag and drop the "diamond" material from the material library and then go to the "realtime" tab and increase the "ray bounces", this will light up those dark areas by allowing the light to bounce around in the stone more.

Arnaud

Got this picture after some adjustements in Environnement and RealTime tabs.

JeffM