How to create this procedural texture ? ( "cristal" PVC )

Started by Stefj, March 07, 2017, 11:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefj

i search to create a texture for this kind of material... if someone have some tips or a good way to make it ! thanks !

designgestalt

would this go into the right direction ?

Stefj

thanks ! that's a super good start !
i search to have more vertically designed fractal texture... so maybe it need to add another different bump map

why u added the transparency map ( 60%) ? ( and how to add it ? i didn't find it )

designgestalt

you could try to replace the noise with marble and try to tweak it a little.
the problem with the procedural texture is, that you cannot scale it in two directions, only global.
maybe someone has a "magic" trick to it, that I don't know, so you could scale y and x direction separately.
the 60% transparency map should help you to control the transparency of your material.
you should find it under textures in your library ! you simply drag it onto the transparency
I used thinfilm to give you the possibility to mimic the iridescent effect, but knocked it down a bit while playing with fraction and thickness (properties of the material). you could tweak that to your purposes.

richardfunnell

You definitely can scale using only one axis, simply use the Mapping Tool. This does not give you numerical control, but you can scale each axis independently for a procedural texture.

If you select the yellow cube it will scale proportionally, but the other smaller cubes each correspond to an axis direction.

designgestalt

easy enough (lol) !!
I just think too numeric .... :)

thanks Richard !

Stefj

Thanks!
yes Richard, i saw it... but for tweaking with precision, it's not easy, and the result is not natural/realistic
Designgestalt : i will try to add and tweak with marble texture :)

INNEO_MWo

Is this solution close enough?

Stefj

Thanks MWo ! your solution is great, i will try to mix it with designgestalt solution ! :)

Stefj

here my first result... still need some tweaks

designgestalt

yep, looks very good !!
good practice on the material graph ;)

richardfunnell

That's looking really nice!

Also, Marco, that use of  the marble texture for the rectangles is pretty ingenious :) Well done!

INNEO_MWo

Quote from: richardfunnell on March 09, 2017, 04:52:35 AM
That's looking really nice!

Also, Marco, that use of  the marble texture for the rectangles is pretty ingenious :) Well done!

Hello Richard.

Thanks!

Just learned from the experts ;o)

Stefj

Thanks a lot !

lot of tweaking and try... hopefully i know 3D from years using Lightwave 3D !

i want to improve a little bit more... i search to have a bit blurry background ( behind the Cristal PVC )

INNEO_MWo

Quote from: Stefj on March 09, 2017, 06:19:08 AM
Thanks a lot !

lot of tweaking and try... hopefully i know 3D from years using Lightwave 3D !

i want to improve a little bit more... i search to have a bit blurry background ( behind the Cristal PVC )

Just look into my material. It has a small roughness 'cause I used the plastic (transparent) material type.