"Classic" Ring design

Started by crazer, March 09, 2017, 11:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazer

Yea, it's not really my confort zone, but this is one of my last design :D

Will Gibbons

Nice design! You're more of a jewelry expert than I, but a couple things stand out. I think it could be framed/composed better, maybe a bit larger. Though the ring is the focus, I think the material it's on could use a bit more work. It seems a bit flat. I think the ring's metal materials could stand to show more contrast as well. Maybe a stronger directional light source. Just some minor things I think could help it out. It's always good to go outside of your comfort zone.

crazer

Quote from: Will Gibbons on March 10, 2017, 07:21:09 AM
Nice design! You're more of a jewelry expert than I, but a couple things stand out. I think it could be framed/composed better, maybe a bit larger. Though the ring is the focus, I think the material it's on could use a bit more work. It seems a bit flat. I think the ring's metal materials could stand to show more contrast as well. Maybe a stronger directional light source. Just some minor things I think could help it out. It's always good to go outside of your comfort zone.
Thanks a lot for Your Tips! Unfortunately I still have many problems with the rendering and I'm still learning as I can get them! You are right, I have to try to work more on lighting and contrast! Thank you!

Will Gibbons

Don't apologize! This is a great start. I'm just trying to encourage you to push it.  ;)

crazer

Quote from: Will Gibbons on March 10, 2017, 02:01:21 PM
Don't apologize! This is a great start. I'm just trying to encourage you to push it.  ;)
:D thank you :)