Label move/rotate & scale widgets

Started by nmeyer, January 28, 2011, 10:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmeyer

Similar to the object move/rotate & scale widgets I would like to be able to apply a texture to a part, then move / rotate & scale that texture using a widget. The sliders are akward and very touchy. My lables are always goofy shapes and at wierd angles so this feature would save me loads of time. Also I always spend a bunch of time trying to find labels that are lost in space.  The only way I ever find them is to use the repeat function. Just a thought.

-Nate

m2tts

Finding a lost label is pretty easy; from the label tab in the material dialogue, click the position button and then click on the model right where you want the center of the label. It should just pop up right there.

Speedster

+1 on the widget (thumbwheel)!  The slider is WAY too coarse for decal (label) placement, and the numeric input take a long time.

Yesterday I had to apply two different client logos on 6 different surfaces, on three identical (duplicated)  parts in two different assemblies.  Like a root canal!  Also, each decal would only "take" on one surface- applying it to another surface "popped" it over from the original surface.  Then I realized the problem.  I went back to the native SolidWorks models and created new configurations for each part with unique mapping on each surface, and then a different configuration for each assembly.

Back into KS, and all was well, and I easily loaded up the decals one by one.  Client was happy and wondered how I got their logos placed.  I told him it's a "mystery" that only us seasoned pros knew.  Well, you know, we can't tell them how easy it is in KS!

Bill G