Re: Random stuff - Trooper

Started by Andrzej Orzecki, March 24, 2017, 03:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrzej Orzecki

Hello guys!

To not mess up the forum with different works i will be posting here all my renderings.
First thank you guys for such a detailed response on my guitar neck shot. It is amazing how quickly i learn here new things. I have to admit that after this conversation about technical detail, i knew more about guitar building itself than on KeyShot:) But like Will said,that is the beauty of this forum.
I worked quite a bit with that model again,especially experimented with wood,and please tell me what do you think.
Thank you once again for help!

Cheers!

Robb63

The neck wood and composition looks great. The only thing that would make it look more realistic to my eyes is that the top three strings (the thicker ones) would be wound, so they'll have a texture to them. You can see it in the attached image.

Other than that small detail that only guitar nerds will notice, this looks great!!

Robb63

Doh! On second look, I can see there is a texture on the top strings. I would thicken that up slightly to be a bit more visible.
Nice work!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Lots of awesome texturing here, man. Great job!:)

Will Gibbons

Agreed! These look great. On one of them, I noticed a knot... I'd avoid that as no guitar would have a knot on the fretboard. Also, a darker, reddish will probably be best as it's more in line with what you see. A good, well-conditioned guitar will have been oiled up from time to time and be fairly dark. I see the wound texture you have on the strings (not sure if modeled or textured), but a great trick is to use the marble procedural for these, just remove the noise from it.

I'd also add some roughness texture to the sides of the frets. Then, use curvature or color gradient in addition to make sure the parts that touch the strings are shiny ;)

Lots of good stuff going on here!

fario

Andrzej Orzecki

First of all,thank you everyone! I really appreciate that help,good reviews,all the tips,tricks and improvements. Nevertheless the most important thing what i'm learning here from you guys,is a huge attention to the detail. 
You also have to remember how much you are helping beginners even with a short few words.

The wound are not modeled,texture is from keyshot cloud called ''Screw Threads3'' but it's good to know that trick,i will remember that,thank you.
The texture on the side of the frets was a huge mystery for me,and righy now even with a effort to recreate that, a ''original'' made by Magnus it's an unsurpassed example:) But again,huge thank you for that tip!

Here is a shot with a changes.

Regards!

Andrzej Orzecki

I present to you The Ugly one:) Just a daily stock render for practicing material graph and curvature. Any feedback are welcome.
Model from  threedscans.com

Regards!

Andrzej Orzecki

Hello everyone,

A bunch of new shots after the latest material graph study. Model form threedscans.com

Best regards!

TpwUK

Nice work, especially like the dragon.186

Martin

nicordf

Mate your timber textures are mind blowing!

Andrzej Orzecki

Hi guys,

Highly inspired by Esben tutorial i tried to create something with touch of street art and my very first attend to photoshop also. Please tell me what do you think guys about that kind of work.
Model is from grabcad created by Onur AYTEKIN.

Thank you Nicordf and TpwUK! I don't know why but the wood is one of my favorite materials and i do my best to make it look as realistic as possible, but still a lot to learn :)

As always here is a few version of mapping and lighting.

Best!

TpwUK

UpsetLady4 gets my vote. Always happy to see people pushing different artistic views ... Keep posting whatever you do, art is a personal taste, just like a biscuit :P

Martin

Josh3D

Andrzej Orzecki

Hello everybody

My look at awesome model of chinese monk from artec3d.com. Most of the texture are from poliigon.com

Best!