Rhino 5/64 and Keyshot 6 Live Linking Plugin Not Working

Started by MJDesign, March 28, 2017, 08:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJDesign

Previous discussion locked.
I downloaded the latest Plugin, and it worked for 1 day, and now has disappeared again. Tried reloading, disabling firewall, etc. still nothing. Anyone else having this issue?

MJDesign

guest84672

You manage the plugin in  Tools->Options->Plug-ins. It should all be there. You may just need to enable it again.

guest84672

Quick question though - how did you install it to begin with? A simple double-click while Rhino is closed is all that is required.

MJDesign

Quote from: thomasteger on March 29, 2017, 06:09:52 AM
Quick question though - how did you install it to begin with? A simple double-click while Rhino is closed is all that is required.
Yes, that's how it was installed.
Plugins in Tools is checked, but tab and interface does not appear.

guest84672

Do the commands KeyShot6Render and KeyShot6Export work?

I will need to ask dev about the buttons not showing.

MJDesign

Quote from: thomasteger on March 31, 2017, 12:04:49 PM

Yup- they work fine, but no buttons show

MJDesign

Quote from: thomasteger on March 31, 2017, 12:04:49 PM

and LiveLinking not there...

Sean

Since the commands work, but the buttons aren't there, is it possible that the toolbar itself was disabled somehow?

1. go to Rhino > Main Menu > Tools > Toolbar Layout. 
2. The Rhino Options window will appear. Under the Toolbars option you will have two Files: default and KeyShot6Plugin. Select KeyShot6Plugin.
3. Enable KeyShot6 inside the Toolbars box/list and click OK.

Alternatively, if the toolbar is enabled here, maybe Rhino has popped it up in some obscure corner of the screen? Disabling and the re-enabling it may force it to appear within the UI.

Finally, Live Linking is still there, but in a fancy new "one-button" approach. Update the scene by re-running the "Render" command. Repeated uses of that command should send the data to the appropriate KeyShot Instance (based on model name).