Colorized / stained wood material + zink material

Started by Vekara, April 10, 2017, 09:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekara

Hi there

I have tried to add adjustable transparent color and lacquer on top of procedural wood like on attached picture. Not succeeded yet...

I am also interested about the zinc bucket material represented on material graph webinar? how is that made?

Any good ideas? I am on "try out" to keyshot and these materials are cruzial for me. So, thaks in advance if somebody tries to help me.

Veku

Will Gibbons

It's your lucky day. I happen to have a screenshot of that (the bucket) material.

As for the wood materials with adjustable clear coat. It can be done. I can't remember where the thread is, but within the past month or so I think somebody posted something on it. Good luck.

Vekara

Will Gibbons

Cheers. I should mention that those 2 color adjust nodes (obviously) need to be different (otherwise there'd be only one of them). Use the diffuse one to desaturate and reduce contrast of the camo. The one plugged into specular needs to be different values (also desaturated) in order to control the specular reflections.

Esben Oxholm

Hi Vekara.
For the stained wood I would do something like this. KSP download: https://we.tl/sVpHGsNPLR

Hope it helps you in the right direction.
Best,

Vekara

Thanks a lot for both of you.

I´m getting quite close with these.

Will, did you toucht the colors of camo or just desaturated existing ones? And do you remember how did you set up the roughnes and angle values on anisotropy node? I didn´t quite reach the "satinic" finishin touch on surface/material. Or was it about lightning, environment or even photoshop?

Veku

Will Gibbons

I may have adjusted the camo colors to have less contrast (lighten the blacks, darken the lights). As a general rule of thumb, with Anisotropic roughness, I tend to do a 10:1 ratio between X and Y roughness ex. Roughness X: .1, Roughness Y: .01.
Environment I think was a desaturated version of the loft HDRI in KeyShot's library. No photoshop.

Good luck. This one took a few tries. I could be wrong, but I thought I uploaded this to the KeyShot Cloud Library. I could probably still do that if I haven't.

Vekara

Thanks. Didn't found from cloud. Appreciate if you do.

Veku