Animations fade through white??

Started by theAVator, April 17, 2017, 02:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theAVator

I'm rendering out a large number of animations comprised mostly of different vehicle parts fading in and out, and I'm noticing that all of them are fading through white, not through transparency. For now I can work with this and re-render down the line if I don't like the results - but what's causing this? My expectation is that a part fading from 0% to 100% would just fade in, but what I'm seeing is it'll fade in to a ghostly white silhouette, and then fade in the features and materials.

Any ideas why this is happening, or how to fix it? Thanks!

mattjgerard

What is your environment and backplate? It might be just fading through to whatever is behind it, just for a test, make your backplate or the envronment black behind the model (i know it will mess up the lighting, but just a test) and see if that gets you the result you are looking for. This might be a case for compositing in an external program to get the results you want.

If you have white behind it, its going to appear to fade to white, if you have black behind it, it will appear to fade to black. If you have color behind it, it will fade to that color.