Zbrush to Keyshot

Started by MartianGirl, April 25, 2017, 09:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartianGirl

Hi everyone,
I have a model in Zbrush {Low Poly) no sub tools, polygrouped and uv'd. Now how do I take this into keyshot  without splitting the mesh and losing my uv's, so that when I get to keyshot it lets me assign materials to separate parts rather than seeing the model as one piece?

Many thanks in advance.:)

Will Gibbons

I'd use the KeyShot to ZBrush bridge plugin. That's what most ZBrush users use.

guest84672

MartianGirl

Hi Will and Thomas,
Thank you so much for the reply, I am using the plugin bridge to get my model into Keyshot, I just wondered if anybody else had come across this when using keyshot and zbrush.
How to get keyshot to recognize separate parts of my model without mr having to break it up as I need it to be one mesh with one uv.

Will Gibbons

I know what you mean. I wish I could help. I haven't done it myself, so I'm not 100% sure.

TpwUK

I am not a ZBrush user as such, but doesn't the masking tool and assigning a colour to the masked area do that ?

Martin

guest84672

You will need to break up your model into sub-tools inside ZBrush.

MartianGirl

Thanks guys for your help.:)
I did break up my model into subtools but the issue with that is my texture and normal maps  don't work with the separated model, I'm not sure how I get my texture map to line up on all the different subtools in keyshot?

Thanks again for all the advice.:)

guest84672

I suggest you contact Pixologic, or ask on the ZBrush forum http://www.zbrushcentral.com. Thousand of Zbrush and KeyShot users are out there. I'm sure you will get the necessary  help quickly.

MartianGirl

Thank you Thomas, already have a thread going on Zbrush too.:) Thanks for all the quick replies guys, much appreciated.:)