SpaceNavigator in Keyshot 2.2

Started by Richman, February 03, 2011, 06:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richman

Keyshot 2.2 is supporting the SpaceNavigator!  

It's soo close, can a settings option be added that switches the SpaceNavigator control to flying "camera mode" rather than "object mode"?  

As seen on http://www.3dconnexion.com/products/spacenavigator.html

Option 2 is what we are after, like a photographer would move to line up the perfect shot.

KeyShot

Absolutely. We will make an update where this mode is available as well.
Btw. remember to run 'check for update' if you want to run the latest version. We update them rather frequently these days.

-- Henrik

Richman

Thanks! 

Here's a screen shot of the control modes menu.  Something like this would be great.

guest84672

NormanHadley

Hi Thomas

As per my email, I'd prefer to work in "object" mode so it's a seamless transition from Pro/E.

I've been able to roughly simulate that by reversing some of the axes on my SpaceExplorer menu, as attached. The sensitivity is a bit of an issue, though - it seems some axes are very slow and others too twitchy.

guest84672

Are these the settings we need? We will double check this here, and then add a "model mode" option.

Yes - we know that fine tuning is needed. We are working with the folks from 3DConnexion on it.

Richman

I've been working with the settings and I discovered we are all kind of right about the modes.   Thomas was right, it is in camera mode.  I think where it feels confusing is that some control is object based though.

Spin (rotating the puck) seems to be based on the "look at point" making it an object mode control.  Spin input should rotate the camera not the object in this mode.  Same thing with tilt.

Disabling roll / twist is helpful, this does seem to be camera based. These are the setting I have found to work so far.

Richman

I have been working with the spacenavigator settings I posted above and it's great!  I'm going to checkout the update now...

A big thank you to the keyshot team!

Richman

With the new update 2.2.42  I'm using these settings.  It works great.  As you can see I reverse spin and roll. I also disable roll.

eric

Why do you reverse roll when you disable it?

I agree space navigator support is after a little tweaking the long wanted addition to an already great package.

Richman

Note these setting are only for Keyshot (as selected in the drop down menu)

Roll is only off because I like most of my shots perfectly level and I found myself having to always manually set the level back to 0 after any movement.  When it's engaged the flight motion is more realistic.   

I have found that for some reason roll and spin are reversed in 2.2.42 which is small adjustment compared to the last version setting which almost all controls were reversed.

Its works great with the settings I've posted.  Thanks Keyshot Team!

guest84672

We got the feedback straight from 3D Connexion. This is how we implemented it. They are a taking a look at it right now, so I am sure further adjustments are coming.

Sent you an e-mail btw, Josh.

Thomas

Richman

Thomas try out my settings.  It works great, it just might be a little confusing for others to get the settings right.  I'm not complaining.  I think it's great and what to share the best settings I find that work.

If you guys wanted you could add the roll toggle to the setting menu.

NormanHadley

"Model mode" is absolutely spot-on, now. Thanks.

m2tts

How do I get my navigator to work in Keyshot? Is there a driver I need to install? The 3-D connection website does not recognize Keyshot as compatable.