SpaceNavigator in Keyshot 2.2

Started by Richman, February 03, 2011, 06:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

QuoteHow do I get my navigator to work in Keyshot? Is there a driver I need to install? The 3-D connection website does not recognize Keyshot as compatable.

+1.  Also, how about SpaceExplorer?
Bill G

guest84672

While not officially certified it certainly works. Make sure you upgrade to version 2.2.45.

azonicbruce

Quote from: NormanHadley on February 28, 2011, 01:31:13 AM
"Model mode" is absolutely spot-on, now. Thanks.

How exactly do you change it to model mode? I can't see how to get to these options.

When I open the control panel I do not see an option in the dropdown for KeyShot. Only Any Application.

guest84672

Open KeyShot. Go to Preferences > UI.

azonicbruce

Perfect! Yes, to confirm, model mode is spot on with what the behavior is in SolidWorks. Awesome!

Now, just take this one step further... Add simple animation capabilities to Pro by recording a path using the 3D mouse, then tell render queue to animate using that recorded path, and ask how many frames to render (to determine smoothness), similar to turntable. Not even SolidWorks' "walk-through" feature will utilize the 3D mouse. This would REALLY help you get a leg up on the competition.

NormanHadley

Quoteazonicbruce. Now, just take this one step further... Add simple animation capabilities to Pro by recording a path using the 3D mouse, then tell render queue to animate using that recorded path, and ask how many frames to render (to determine smoothness), similar to turntable.

Brilliant suggestion. This really would kick derrière.

Robert V.

I would buy a SN if that animation option would be available. It doesn't seem that hard to program. (not that I know a thing about programming... ;D)

Maybe the keyshot team is already busy with an "animation keyshot" (keymove?).... (In my dreams...)

KeyShot

Robert V.