A proper material for the syringe

Started by fa2020, April 19, 2017, 08:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fa2020

Hi guys,
I'm interested in modeling medical instruments and as you know many of them have semi-transparent milky plastic.
I have attached a real photo of a syringe. I'm working on such a material but it's hard to get a realistic result.

My aim is to reach to as realism that is possible using Keyshot. Is it possible?????  I think it has to do something with subsurface scattering too.
Please guide me to set up a proper material for this purpose.
Thanks.

Will Gibbons

While Matt's links to other forum posts are in the right direction, they're both very dated.

If you look at this: https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=14260.msg72296#msg72296

You'll see how you can currently create a good cloudy/milky plastic as well as see our new Cloudy Plastic material coming in KeyShot 7. I think you might find this much more helpful in creating the material you're after.

mattjgerard

Thanks Will, for some reason I couldn't find that thread when I was thinking of it! That's exactly what I was looking for when I read the OP's post.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: mattjgerard on April 21, 2017, 05:28:49 AM
Thanks Will, for some reason I couldn't find that thread when I was thinking of it! That's exactly what I was looking for when I read the OP's post.

Np. It's still nice to have forum members helping others.